Poor vision warning
What should I watch out for as a parent?
A child should be examined immediately if they show the following poor vision warning signs
• Gets frustrated when reading
• Peers closely at books and television
• Closes or covers one eye
• Poor handwriting
• Squinting & Excessive blinking
• Finds it difficult to copy words from the blackboard
• Complains that things are blurry or hard to see
• Short attention span
• Frequently loses place when reading
• Skips words or whole lines of text
• Poor performance at school
Good vision is essential in childhood development and regular eye examinations are the key to good vision. The earlier any problem is detected, the greater the chances of it being corrected.